Corinna Schmitt holds a Diploma in Bioinformatics (Dipl. Informatik (Bioinformatik)) from the Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen (Germany) and a Doctor in Computer Science (Dr. rer. nat.) from the Technische Universität München (Germany). She established an efficient data transmission protocol - called TinyIPFIX - with additional features for aggregation, compression, and secure transmission, complementing it with an user-friendly and flexible GUI (CoMaDa).
Since spring 2013 she is employed at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) as "Head of Mobile and Trusted Communications" at the Communication Systems Group (CSG) of Prof. Dr. B. Stiller. Her research focuses now on Internet of Things, Wireless Sensor Networks, Trust, Privacy, and Security including mobile communication in constraint networks (see SecureWSN).
Her work is documented in more than 30 publications, including 6 book chapters and one ITU-T recommendation Y. 3013. She contributes to standardization organizations (IETF, ITU, ASUT) and several EU projects (e.g., AutHoNe, SmartenIT, FLAMINGO, symbIoTe). She is active in ACM and IEEE as TCP member, as well as reviewer for several journals and organizer of conferences.
A list of publications can be found here!
A list of professional activities can be found here!
Overview of written theses are available here!
Languages: German (native tongue), English (business fluent)
Programming Languages: HTML (skilful), C/C++ (good), nesC (good), Java (basics), Matlab (basics), MySQL (basics),
Visual Basic (basics), Pascal (basic again), R (basic again)
Operating Systems: TinyOS (skilful), Windows XP to Windows 8.1 (good), Linux (good), IOS (good)
Working with documents: Microsoft Office (skilful), LATEX (skilful), HTML (skilful), Framemaker (basics)
Memberships and Social Engagement
- Since 2015 Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors and Lecturers)
- Since 2014 ASUT Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP) Committee Member
- Since 2012 IEEE
- Since 2011 ACM
- Since 2007 Bioinformatics Organization
- Since 2006 Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI)
- Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- M-Chips at DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
- Since 2016 Swiss-German Club
- Since 2009 Lion-Club member: until 2016 member in Campus Lions Club Garching (President 2010/2011, since 2011 web administrator), now member in Lions Club Zürich-City
- 2009-2013 Medical Courier for Ontime-Courier GmbH, DKMS, and NMDP
- 2008-2013 Assistant women representative for the faculty computerscience at Technische Universität München, Germany
The World - My home
Status end of 2015
Create Your Own Visited Countries Map