Corinna Schmitt holds a Diploma in Bioinformatics (Dipl. Informatik (Bioinformatik)) from the Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen (Germany) and a Doctor in Computer Science (Dr. rer. nat.) from the Technische Universität München (Germany). She established an efficient data transmission protocol - called TinyIPFIX - with additional features for aggregation, compression, and secure transmission, complementing it with an user-friendly and flexible GUI (CoMaDa).
From spring 2013 to May 2018 she was employed at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) as "Head of Mobile and Trusted Communications" at the Communication Systems Group (CSG) of Prof. Dr. B. Stiller. Her focus was on constrained networks, security and privacy issues, as well as on Internet of Things related issues (see SecureWSN).
After several years of visiting status at the goup of Prof. Dr. Gabi Dreo-Rodosek at the Universität der Bundeswehr München (Germany) she joint the affiliated Research Institute CODE as researcher and laboratory supervisor. Her research focuses is the same as at the CSG-Group with expands to the application area of military communication and Smart City.
Currently she is in the final phase of the habilitation process with the topic "Secure Communication in Constrained Networks". Her work is documented in more than 30 publications, including 8 book chapters, the RFC 8272 on "TinyIPFIX for Smart Meters in Constrained Networks", and the ITU-T recommendation Y.3013 on "Socio-economic Assessment of Future Networks by Tussle Analysis". She contributed to several EU projects (e.g., AutHoNe, SmartenIT, FLAMINGO, symbIoTe) and different standardization organizations (IETF, ITU, ASUT) until now and continues with these activities and recruits research funds continously. She is active in ACM and IEEE as TCP member, as well as reviewer for several journals and organizer of conferences.
A list of publications can be found here!
A list of professional activities can be found here!
Languages: German (native tongue), English (business fluent)
Programming Languages: HTML (skilful), C/C++ (good), nesC (good), Java (basics), Matlab (basics), MySQL (basics),
Visual Basic (basics), Pascal (basic again), R (basic again)
Operating Systems: TinyOS (skilful), Windows XP to Windows 8.1 (good), Linux (good), IOS (good)
Working with documents: Microsoft Office (skilful), LATEX (skilful), HTML (skilful), Framemaker (basics)
Memberships and Social Engagement
- Since 2018 Munich Network Management Team (MNM-Team)
- Since 2015 Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors and Lecturers)
- Since 2014 ASUT Committee for Standards (Normen) and Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP)
- Since 2012 IEEE
- Since 2011 ACM
- Since 2007 Bioinformatics Organization
- Since 2006 Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI)
- Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- M-Chips at DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
- Since 2016 Swiss-German Club
- Since 2009 Lion-Club member: until 2016 member in Campus Lions Club Garching (President 2010/2011, since 2011 web administrator), now member in Lions Club Zürich-City (Revisor 2017/2018)
- 2009-2013 Medical Courier for Ontime-Courier GmbH, DKMS, and NMDP
- 2008-2013 Assistant women representative for the faculty computerscience at Technische Universität München, Germany
The World - My home
Status end of 2015
Create Your Own Visited Countries Map