I received my Venia Legendi in the area of Informatics for livetime including teaching license from the University of Zurich (Switzerland) 2021 after my employment there from spring 2013 to May 2018. I was member of the Communication Systems Group (CSG) as Head of Mobile and Trusted Communcations with focus on secure IoT. With this focus I continued my work from Technische Universität München (Germany) where I received my Dr. rer. nat. (PhD) in 2013 building on topics of my diploma study in Bioinformatics from the Eberhard-Karls Universität Tübingen (Germany). For more details on my theses click here.
After several years of visiting status at the Network Security Group at the Universität der Bundeswehr München (UniBwM, engl. University of Federal Armed Forces Munich, Germany) I joined the affiliated Research Institute CODE as Head of Secure IoT. My focus on secure IoT got extended by critical infrastructures and more complex systems. I extended the local teaching curriculum with IoT, secure mobile systems, and questions around the crime scene IoT. In 2021 my Venia Legendi in the area of Informatics was also accepted at the UniBwM.
With my expertise I am involved in national/international projects (e.g., CONCORDIA, symbIoTe, SmartenIT or FLAMINGO). During the last years together with my Ph.D. candidates and students several awards on IEEE/ACM conferences were won and current research results were presented in national/international events. Further outcomes were integrated in standardization activities in the area of secure and reliable communication.
For getting a glimp of my IoT research, check out SecureWSN!
A list of publications can be found here!
A list of my professional activities can be found here!
Languages: German (native tongue), English (business fluent)
Programming Languages: HTML (skilful), C/C++ (good), nesC (good), Java (basics), Matlab (basics), MySQL (basics),
Visual Basic (basics), Pascal (basic again), R (basic again)
Operating Systems: TinyOS (skilful), Windows XP to Windows 8.1 (good), Linux (good), IOS (good)
Working with documents: Microsoft Office (skilful), LATEX (skilful), HTML (skilful), Framemaker (basics)
Memberships and Social Engagement
- Since 2018 Munich Network Management Team (MNM-Team)
- Since 2015 Deutscher Hochschulverband (German Association of University Professors and Lecturers)
- Since 2014 ASUT Committee for Standards (Normen) and Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP)
- Since 2012 IEEE
- Since 2011 ACM
- Since 2007 Bioinformatics Organization
- Since 2006 Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI)
- Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- M-Chips at DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
- Since 2009 Lion-Club member: until 2016 member in Campus Lions Club Garching (President 2010/2011, since 2011 web administrator), now member in Lions Club Zürich-City (Revisor 2017/2018)
- 2016-2018 Swiss-German Club
- 2009-2013 Medical Courier for Ontime-Courier GmbH
- 2008-2013 Assistant women representative for the faculty computerscience at Technische Universität München, Germany