Collection and use of Personal Data
I am happy about your visit on my website www.corinna-schmitt.de. The protection of your personal data is very important to me and I would like you to feel comfortable while using my website. I am using the personal data collected via this website in accordance with local data protection law. The information below provides details of the nature, extent and purpose of collecting, processing and using your personal data while you are using my website.
Principle of anonymous Data collection
Generally the use of this website does not require the disclosure of personal data. The rules may differ for some services of this website. These services are explained in detail in the following. The legal basis of data protection is located in the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG)) and in the German Federal Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz (TMG)), as well as in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). While calling up my website some information like your IP-address is transmitted. This information may disclose the type of used terminal device (computer, smartphone, tablet, e.g.), the type of browser (Internetexplorer, Safari, Fire-Fox, etc.), the time of access to the website, the refferer and the volume of the transmitted data. I am not able to use this data to identify a certain user. The information is used to determine the attractiveness of this website and to improve the performance. Please note that a static IP-address can disclose personal data via a RIPE-request in individual cases. This website can be accessed by static and dynamic IP-addresses.
The meaning of “personal data” is defined in the German Federal Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Personal data is defined as any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable individual. This includes information such as your name, your address, your telephone number or your date of birth.
Legal basis for the collection of personal data
Insofar as I obtain your consent for the processing of personal data, Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing of your personal data.
When processing your personal data to fulfil a contract between you and me, Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which I am subject, Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard my legitimate interests and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
Data erasure and storage time
The personal data of the person concerned will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the person responsible is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
Collection and use of personal Data
To be able to provide the services of some parts of the website, certain personal information may be collected. This website uses the collected data solely to provide you with services. A further use of the data, for example for advertisement purposes, only takes place with your explicit consent. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
You can contact me with questions, wishes and suggestions by the email address provided in the section "Contact detail" below. I am storing the provided information to process your contact request. Naturally I am using your contact information only for the purpose of processing your request.
Data transfer to third parties
A transfer of your data to third parties does not take place unless I am legally obliged to do so, or with your explicit prior consent. You can revoke your consent to the transfer of personal data at any time. Please contact me at the email address provided below. The revocation develops effect for the future.
I have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from manipulation, loss, destruction or access of unauthorized third parties. Your data is encrypted with the safest and most common transmission methods. Additionally a firewall is implemented to protect internal information.
Rights of data subjects
If your personal data are processed by this website, you have the following rights according to the GDPR:
- Right to information according to article 15 GDPR: You can ask me to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed. Once I have processed your data, you have further rights to information as set out in Article 15 of the GDPR.
- Right to correction: If the information I have collected from you is incorrect or incomplete, you may immediately request me to correct it in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR.
- Right to limitation of processing: Under the conditions of Article 18 of the GDPR, you may also request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted. After the restriction, your data may only be processed with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State. I will inform you before the restriction is lifted.
- Right to erasure: If one of the reasons in Article 17 (1) GDPR applies, you can request me to delete your personal data immediately, unless there is an exception to the deletion obligation in accordance with Article 17 (3) GDPR.
- Right to information: If you have exercised your right to correct, delete or restrict processing against me, I am obliged under Article 19 GDPR to inform all recipients of your personal data of this, unless the notification is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. They also have the right to be informed of the recipients. The person responsible shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
- Right to data portability: In addition, according to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive personal data concerning you from me in machine-readable format and to transmit the data to another person responsible without obstruction, provided that the requirements of Article 20 para. 1 lit. a GDPR are met, or to obtain that your personal data are transmitted directly by me to another person responsible, provided that this is technically feasible and no freedoms and rights of other persons are impaired thereby. This right shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or for the exercise of official authority.
- Right of objection: You have the right to object at any time to me processing your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. As soon as you have filed an objection, I will no longer process your personal data, unless there are legitimate reasons for the processing outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent: You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent with declaration to me at any time. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
- Right of appeal to the supervisory authority: You shall at all times, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, of work or of the place of suspected infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning them is contrary to this Regulation.
Should you have any questions concerning the processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact me. I will also be available to handle requests for information, other requests or complaints that you might have.
Personal / confidential Dr. Corinna Schmitt Wolfgang-Meier-Weg 2 82049 Pullach i.I., Germany Email: office [at] corinna [-] schmitt [DOT] de
As of January 2019